Red Caboose GP9 Metal Frame Upgrade
Metal Frame Upgrade for O scale Red Caboose GP9 Locomotive.
Machined from 6061 aluminum alloy this frame features:
- Drop-in fit, no modification needed to locomotive shell;
- Machined in prototype frame detail;
- Accessory wire channels (ditch light) machined into the frame;
- Drilled hole for speaker wire at the fuel tank;
- Drilled accessory post holes (posts not included);
- Weights included (total weight approx. 13.5 ounces);
- Drop-in fit, no modification needed to locomotive shell.
Designed to replace sagging plastic frame on all Red Caboose GP9 locomotive and locomotive kits. This frame also replaces the aftermarket flat brass frame.
This frame is intended to be used in conjunction with the P&D hobbies re-power kit #PDP2201K. This frame works with both the plastic and cast brass conversion kits offered at P&D hobbies.
This frame IS NOT INTENDED for the stock motor setup.
Included in the Kit:
- 1- machined alloy frame with machined underside details;
- Weights that bring the frame weight up to approx. 13.5 ounces;
- 1- set of instructions with detailed under frame construction.